Saturday 26 September 2009

First Step is Done


I don't like to talk much about our relationship because I'm afraid we will not end up getting married. But of course i pray to Him that everything will be fine and i will get  my 'happily ever after' ending.

I just want to share the feeling after his family went to my house to get to know me (and merisik). Before this, i always blame my parents for making it hard for us to get married. I once thought of getting married without undergoing the merisik or meminang parts which i thought will cost a lot money and time and will delay our marriage.  but now i realized i was wrong. The feeling of undergoing these 'adat' is really sweet. I am happy to see my parents and his parents got to know each other well and his parents can see me at my own house...not in theirs which is kind of not appropriate. Now i know why my parents forbid me to go to their house alone. It is not bad but it is just 'tak manis' said those old folks. As now both sides know each other, a lot of things can be done without any misunderstandings.

So now, i have to wait until this December for my engagement day and May next year for the BIG day. Sometimes waiting makes us realize a lot of things. no need to rush. all i need is to stay calm and remember that he loves me and he wants me to be his wife. Just let Allah take care of the rest.   

No comments: